On Gong Gong Gong’s raucous debut, 'Phantom Rhythm 幽靈節奏,' the minimalist Beijing duo created a drummer-less sound that was more than the sum of its parts, inspired by back-porch blues, Sahelian guitar music, New York no-wave, Cantonese lion dance percussion, and seemingly most incongruously, techno.
With 'Phantom Rhythm Remixed,' Gong Gong Gong bring to life a concept they’ve planned since the release of their acclaimed first LP, curating their favorite China-connected electronic music producers to remix 'Phantom Rhythm' in its entirety. The globe-spanning collaboration features Yu Su (Vancouver/Kaifeng), Zaliva-D, Simon Frank, Howie Lee (Beijing), Mong Tong, Scattered Purgatory (Taipei), Knopha (Xiamen), Wu Zhuoling (Chengdu), Angel Wei (Copenhagen), and P.E. (Brooklyn). The LP traces a common thread, organically expanding the palette of Gong Gong Gong into ambient club tracks, thumping dance music, cinematic soundscapes, and bit-crushed psych.
- Ride Your Horse 騎你的馬 ("Steel, Mortar, Style, Fun!" by P.E.)
- Inner Reaches III 慾望的暗角三 (Zaliva-D Remix)
- Notes Underground 地下日記 (Mong Tong Remix)
- Moonshadows 月後殘影 (Simon Frank Remix)
- The Last Note 最後的音符 (Angel Wei Remix)
- Sound of Love 愛歌 (Knopha Remix)
- Gong Gong Gong Blues 工工工布魯斯 (Howie Lee Remix)
- Some Kind of Demon 某一種惡魔 (Yu Su Remix)
- Hotpot (Chongqing) 火鍋（重慶) (Scattered Purgatory Remix)
- Wei Wei Wei 喂喂喂 (Wu Zhuoling Remix)