Metro Magazine's 'Best of Auckland - Record Store' 2019
Founded to send music from the bottom of the world around the world, Flying Out has grown to become the home of alternative and independent music in New Zealand. We champion and support the local independent music community and our international peers.
Flying Out aims to introduce people to a wide range of music, and help foster a place where good sorts (like-minded people) can connect over it. We do this via vinyl, CDs, books and music related merch as well as celebrating local music with live events both instore and across the community.
Stand by for the following interesting facts:
- Flying Out offers free postage within New Zealand!
- Free Shipping on Australian orders over $99
- Free International Shipping on orders over $199
- We stock 12" vinyl records, CDs, digital music downloads (in MP3, WAV + FLAC format) as well as t-shirts, books, posters and other music merchandise.
- All titles listed are in stock (except where specifically stated otherwise) and will be sent the next working day after ordering.
About the Flying Out team
We are locally owned and operated. Our team has grown from 1 to more since opening in 2013.
Matthew D – otherwise known as Big D, big boss
Hunter – Orders and Customer Relations
Matthew C – Store Manager (80 Pitt Street)
Annabel – Social Media Manager. Hashtag and emoji specialist.
Hariet – Operations
Sophie – Business Development