Bic Runga, Six60, Stan Walker, BENEE, Shapeshifter and more come together to celebrate Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori 2019. 11 of New Zealand’s best loved artists performing their hit songs in Te Reo Māori, as well as a vibrant rendition of our National Anthem ‘Aotearoa / God Defend New Zealand’ by the renowned Hātea Kapa Haka.
Recorded over 10 weeks in 2019, Hinewehi Mohi worked directly with artists in the studio to guide their intonation and understanding of the new Māori lyrics, with translations assisted by Sir Tīmoti Kāretu, one of our greatest living Māori orators and language proponents.
The result is a uniquely New Zealand album, something that as New Zealanders, we can all be proud of, share and celebrate.
- Hātea Kapa Haka - Aotearoa / God Defend New Zealand
- Six60 - Kia Mau Ki Tō Ūkaipō / Don’t Forget Your Roots
- Stan Walker - Tēnā Rā Koe / Thank You
- BENEE - Kua Kore He Kupu / Soaked
- Drax Project - I Moeroa / Woke Up Late
- Shapeshifter - Ngā Kano / In Colour
- Kings - Kei Aro Atu Koe / Don’t Worry Bout’ It
- Tiki Taane - Kei Tōku Ngākau Nei Koe / Always On My Mind
- Sons of Zion - Pōtere Ana / Drift Away
- Bic Runga - Haere Mai Rā / Sway
- TEEKS - E Kore Rawa E Wehe / Never Be Apart
- Tami Neilson - Roimata / Cry Myself To Sleep