Dan Auerbach says, “We made this record to honour the Mississippi hill country blues tradition that influenced us starting out. These songs are still as important to us today as they were the first day Pat and I started playing together and picked up our instruments. It was a very inspiring session with Pat and me, along with Kenny Brown and Eric Deaton, in a circle, playing these songs. It felt so natural.” Patrick Carney adds, “The session was planned only days in advance and nothing was rehearsed. We recorded the entire album in about 10 hours, over two afternoons at the end of the “Let’s Rock” tour.”
The music from Mississippi, which came to life in juke joints, has long left an imprint on the band’s music, from their cover of R. L. Burnside "Busted" and Junior Kimbrough’s “Do The Romp” on their debut album, The Big Come Up, their subsequent signing to Fat Possum Records, home to many of their musical heroes, and their EP of Junior Kimbrough covers, Chulahoma.
For this album, Auerbach and Carney recorded the 11 songs at Auerbach’s Easy Eye Sound studio in Nashville, and were joined by celebrated session musicians Brown and Deaton, long-time members of the bands of, amongst others, R. L. Burnside and Junior Kimbrough, who originated much of material that inspired Delta Kream. The album derives its name from an iconic photograph by William Eggleston.
- Crawling Kingsnake (John Lee Hooker / Bernard Besman)
- Louise (Fred McDowell)
- Poor Boy a Long Way From Home (Robert Lee Burnside)
- Stay All Night (David Kimbrough, Jr.)
- Going Down South (Robert Lee Burnside)
- Coal Black Mattie (Ranie Burnette)
- Do the Romp (David Kimbrough, Jr.)
- Sad Days, Lonely Nights (David Kimbrough, Jr.)
- Walk with Me (David Kimbrough, Jr.)
- Mellow Peaches (Joseph Lee Williams)
- Come on and Go with Me (David Kimbrough, Jr.)
Please note that Delta Kream is currently not in store but is with our local supplier.
Most of the time it takes around 2-5 days from the time you place the order for the item to arrive here and be sent out but it can take longer if there are any delays.