The latest chapter in Columbia/Legacy's highly acclaimed Bob Dylan Bootleg Series revisits an often-forgotten, rich vein in Dylan’s vast and complex catalogue, shining fresh light on the provocative new musical directions Dylan was taking as a songwriter and a recording artist from 1980 through 1985.
In the early 1980s, while the music industry was grappling with the arrival of new trends and technology, from MTV to compact discs to digital recording, Bob Dylan was writing and recording new songs for a new decade, creating an essential new chapter in his studio catalogue.
Bob Dylan - Springtime In New York (1980-1985) celebrates the rich creative period surrounding Dylan's albums Shot Of Love, Infidels, and Empire Burlesque with previously unreleased outtakes, alternate takes, rehearsal recordings, live performances and more.
- Jokerman – Infidels alternate take
- Need a Woman – Rehearsal
- Fur Slippers – Shot of Love outtake
- Someone’s Got a Hold of My Heart – Infidels outtake
- Don’t Fall Apart on Me Tonight [version 1] – Infidels alternate take
- Blind Willie McTell – Infidels outtake
- Too Late [band version] – Infidels outtake
- Sweetheart Like You – Infidels alternate take
- Seeing the Real You at Last – Empire Burlesque alternate take
- New Danville Girl – Empire Burlesque outtake
- Dark Eyes – Empire Burlesque alternate take