To celebrate the 50th anniversary of both the self-titled Black Sabbath album and 'Paranoid,' Sacred Bones is proud to present 'What Is This That Stands Before Me?', a compilation of Sabbath covers recorded by artists from across our roster. Black Sabbath stands at the crossroads of every Sacred Bones employee and artist's musical taste, and it was a great pleasure for us to work together to reimagine some of their most beloved songs. Here you'll find Sabbath through the filter of the post-Soviet darkwave of Molchat Doma, the experimental folk of Hilary Woods, the laid-back psych of Moon Duo, and a half dozen more genres besides. Satan's coming 'round the bend.
- The Soft Moon - Black Sabbath
- Molchat Doma - Heaven and Hell
- Thou - Supernaut
- Marissa Nadler - Solitude
- Hilary Woods - N.I.B.
- Zola Jesus - Changes
- Moon Duo - Planet Caravan
- Dean Hurley - Warning (Bar Band Version)
- Uniform - Symptom of the Universe