Sacred Bones is an independent record label and publishing company based in Brooklyn, NY that started over 15 years ago in the basement of a record store and has gone on to become a critically respected label synonymous with forward-thinking music and culture – that won the 2020 Libera Award for Label of the Year. Their 15th anniversary as a label is being honoured with several events and an exciting vinyl repress collection, but the crown jewel of this year’s celebration is the compilation Todo Muere, which features beloved artists from the label's roster covering their favourite songs – also released by the label over the years. The compilation features innovative pairings, like punk stalwarts Institute covering art pop sensation SPELLLING, and matches made in heaven like Marissa Nadler’s gorgeously eerie cover of David Lynch’s already eerie song 'Cold Wind Blowin'. Some songs are sister renditions with their own imaginative touch, like Constant Smiles’ cover of Jenny Hval while others, like the Zola Jesus song performed by Thou, Mizmor and Emma Ruth Rundle take on entirely different genres. And while each song on the comp stands on its own as a testament to the many songwriting and song performance talents housed on the Sacred Bones roster, the compilation as a whole was sequenced as a cohesive whole deserving prime placement on any record shelf.
- Boris – Funnel of Love (SQURL)
- Anika – Godstar (Psychic TV)
- The Hunt – I Can’t Stand (Zola Jesus)
- Constant Smiles – Spells (Jenny Hval)
- Dean Hurley – Our Day Will Come (Mort Garson)
- Domingae – Change (Anika)
- Thou, Mizmor, and Emma Ruth Rundle – Night (Zola Jesus
- Hilary Woods – In Heaven (David Lynch)
- Institute – Boys at School (SPELLLING)
- Marissa Nadler – Cold Wind Blowin’ (David Lynch)
- The Holydrug Couple – Coca-Cola Blues (Psychic Ills)
Please note that Todo Muere SBXV is currently not in store but is an imported title from an overseas supplier.
Most of the time it takes around 2-3 weeks for the item to arrive here and be sent out but it can take longer if there are any delays.