The Others Way Festival will now be a one-off midsummer celebration on Auckland's Anniversary Weekend, Saturday, January 29 2022. Kicking off at 4 pm, brand new stages, venues, and schedules are set to take advantage of our glorious hot days and long golden summer evenings.
An additional outdoor stage on Cross Street makes an exciting new precinct with Mercury Theatre and Mercury Plaza Gallery, a unique Hallertau bar on Cross Street and food trucks on Mercury Lane and East Street add to the street-party atmosphere. The festival has also added a new indoor venue in the old Samoan Church on East Street. For the very first time, the festival is moving the Audio Foundation stage outside onto Poynton Terrace which adds a second All-Ages stage alongside the To The Front Stage at the Methodist Church next to the Flying Out store. Percussionist/Beat Maker Lucky Paul will be running his busking set at Pocket Park on Pitt Street early in the day.
As well as the new outdoor spaces, the festival is held across iconic venues; Backroom, East St Church, Galatos, Mercury Theatre, Neck of the Woods, Soap, The Studio, Whammy and Wine Cellar.
THE 2022 FESTIVAL LINEUP FEATURES;
Electronic folk artist Anthonie Tonnon, Don McGlashan & The Others, one of Aotearoa's most potent psychedelic, dream-pop artists of the decade Fazerdaze, fan favourites, eclectic pop-star Princess Chelsea and fuzz-pop heartbreakers Voom.
Lawrence Arabia will be performing his Taite-award winning classic album, Chant Darling, and Julia Deans (of Fur Patrol) is performing solo.
Troy Kingi is back after playing a fantastic set in 2018; he's written three albums since and will be bringing his amazing talents with a killer band to Karangahape Rd once more. Also joining the bill is Diggy Dupé - bringing his friends along to provide us with a set like no other. Performing songs from critically acclaimed The Panthers series with a star-studded band (Adam Fuhr, Chip Matthews, Elijah White & GARETHXMF).
Featuring familiar names; The Coolies, once described by Sonic Youth's Thurston Moore as "punk no-wave sonic heartstring buzzing clatter rock n roll". The 1980s Flying Nun indie-pop band Dead Famous People and Francisca Griffin of Look Blue Go Purple fame with her band, The Bus Shelter Boys. Plus award-winning, instrumental post-rock band Jakob and Auckland's first theatrical/political punk band from the 70s' The Plague.
Notable acts from all corners of Aotearoa are set to perform; Ōtautahi heavy psych-rockers The Fuzzy Robes and indie dream pop band There's a Tuesday. From Ōtepoti; lavish psych-pop artist Juno Is, dream-pop, indie rockers Mild Orange and drum and double stringed diddley bow iconic duo Night Lunch. From the deep South (Waihōpai) comes DJ/Producer Eden Burns. From Pōneke comes; dream-fuzz group Transistor, the infectiously fun punk pals DARTZ, garage-rock trio Soft Plastics and Wellington-via-Los Angeles, Flying Nun signee Vera Ellen with her critically acclaimed indie power-pop plus, the 7-piece lush supergroup Recitals. And just added, Ngāpuhi-descended singer/songwriter Erny Belle.
Tāmaki Makaurau's Dark, heavy and cathartic three-piece Sulfate, jangly post-punk supergroup Guardian Singles, and post-punk trio Repairs are performing across the multi-venue festival.
Heavy Psych-Fuzz two-piece Earth Tongue joins the lineup alongside one of Aotearoa's most prolific singers and songwriters, Dianne Swann, electronic artist Power Nap and Percussionist/Beat Maker Lucky Paul.
Post-punk band Daffodils, lush orchestral jazz group, Carnivorous Plant Society, electronic-punk-rockers Grecco Romank, bold and edgy alt-pop artist Theia, dream pop project Phoebe Rings, and critically acclaimed Hip Hop trio Team Dynamite are scheduled to perform.
Psychedelic Joe Ghatt, eclectic rapper Kamahumble, indie-pop Merk, Hybrid Rose and their Shimmery Synth-techno-pop, home-grown indie goodness from LIPS, dream-folk artist Jazmine Mary plus PollyHill with their hypnotic beats and witty raps, and musician, rapper and percussionist Phodiso are among the artist set to wow.
To The Front, All-Ages Stage will be back and featuring a selection of bands from the campers plus some memorable performances from some of the artist's playing the festival.
Delve deeper into these performers, and get yourselves familiar with the talent performing The Others Way Festival 2021 (now in 2022) with The Others Way Spotify playlist.
SOME IMPORTANT NOTES:
If you wish to attend The Others Way, you will need to be fully vaccinated and show your 'My Vaccine Pass' on entry to all venues.
Ticket price excludes a $5 handling fee per ticket which is added on after checkout. This fee is non-refundable and the ticket will be invalid without it.
Event takes place across licensed venues you need to be over the age of 18 with a valid ID to attend.
An email address is required to receive the tickets. You will receive a seperate email to your order confirmation with a link to your tickets to download.
Please do not select ‘Pick Up’ as a shipping option as these tickets need to be emailed direct or bought in store.
You can collect Good Sorts points on orders for ticket purchases, however discount codes and point redemptions are not available for this.
All ages tickets and details will be announced at a later date.
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Event is R18 - please bring valid photo ID. You must wear your wristband to get into the venues. No wristband - no entry.
- All attendees, performers, staff and contractors at The Others Way are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and present your 'My Vaccine' pass when required.
- Your ticket price excludes a handling fee of $5 (GST incl.) per ticket which is non-refundable. This will be added at checkout and the ticket(s) will be invalid without this.
- Refunds & Reissues: If you or your guests are unable to attend, the ability to re-issue (change the name on your ticket) or offer your ticket for re-sale (sell your ticket onto an anonymous buyer) may be available for a nominated fee per ticket but is at the discretion of the event organiser and may be subject to change. There are no refunds or exchanges on any ticket except as required by and/or specified by New Zealand commerce law.
- It is a condition of sale that tickets may not be offered for unauthorised re-sale, on 3rd party websites. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes. If a ticket is used in breach of these conditions, it may be cancelled without refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
- If purchased through the online store, tickets can be downloaded in the browser after checkout and will also be emailed to you - please note there is sometimes a slight delay between the order confirmation and ticket email.
- Wristbands will be available to collect from 9am on the 29th of January.
- Aim to get the wristband as early as possible as K Road will be busy. We will do everything to schedule the event to avoid clashes and venues being at full capacity, but please be aware from time to time you may need to wait in line to get into a venue. If there is an act you absolutely can't miss - make sure you get to the venue in plenty of time.
- The full schedule will be published a week before the event.
- The Others Way and the venues reserves the right to withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised prices, event times and inclusions without notice. The Others Way and venues reserve the right of admission and to enforce the Venue Entry Conditions.
- Each venue reserves the right to deny entry to any individual based on their venue rules and capacity.
- In the case the event cannot go ahead due to any COVID-19 restrictions, The Others Way will attempt to reschedule the event within a reasonable timeframe and your ticket will remain valid for the new date.