THE NEW WORLD, was wholly written, conceptualised and recorded in two weeks last summer at The Real World Studios as England’s lockdown lifted. The star studded record boasts features from Ghetts, Greentea Peng, Joy Crookes, Akala, Knucks, Maverick Sabre and Joel Culpepper - galvanising an Avengers style line of cutting edge UK artists into one room shines as a testament to Swindle’s exceptional musical talent and enduring reputation.
THE NEW WORLD is Swindle’s first solo release since his 2019 critically acclaimed album No More Normal, which was praised widely by the likes Loud & Quiet, The Wire, Q and CLASH. THE NEW WORLD has had early nods from Highsnobiety, The Line of Best Fit, The Independent, Annie Mac, DJ Target and more. The album will explore themes such as love, grief, fatherhood, life, race in Britain, aspirations for their future selves and other personified ruminations experienced by these artists during Lockdown #1.
Described by Swindle and all those involved as a healing process written in the aftermath of the murder of George Floyd and the rise of the Black Lives Matter movement, this project brought together an incredible community of artists who found the most simplistic emotion of joy together in collaboration - unapologetically ushering in introspection, community and liberation into the ether.
1. SUNDAY BEST (feat. Kojey Radical, Joel Culpepper & Knucks)
2. SECOND GUESS (feat. Maverick Sabre)
3. WHAT MORE (feat. Greentea Peng)
4. LESSON TO MY SEED (feat. Kojey Radical & Joel Culpepper)
5. BLOW YA TRUMPET (feat. Knucks, Ghetts, Akala & Kojey Radical) 04:03 video
6. DARKEST HOUR (feat. Poppy Ajudha & Daley) 04:27
7. LOST (feat. Loyle Carner, Kojey Radical & JNR Williams) - Album Mix 03:34
8. NO BLACK, NO IRISH (feat. Maverick Sabre & Joel Culpepper) 03:45
9. HOW I'VE BEEN (feat. Joy Crookes, JNR Williams, Loyle Carner & Kojey Radical)