Irrepressible mavericks Matt Black and Jon More have produced music as Coldcut for 34 years.
Their most recent project, @0, is a collection of ambient tracks compiled and sequenced by Black and More, bringing together some of the pioneers of ambient music alongside current artists spearheading the genre, featuring an incredible line-up of new and exclusive ambient and classical recordings, all released for the first time as part of @0.
Released by Coldcut’s Ninja Tune imprint Ahead of Our Time to benefit three mental health charities: Black Minds Matter, CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) and Mind.
Speaking with Matt Black on the project and its creation he explains that, ‘@0 refers to that liminal state experienced many times where my mental and emotional stability was not solid and it felt like teetering on a zero axis about to fall into depression, or more rarely, mania. I found that ambient music, by making no psychic demands, often opened some space and with its soft fascination, subtly raised the energy, helping to avoid that downward spiral and navigate slowly up and out. @0 is a balance point.’
- Julianna Barwick Star Ray
- Sigur Rós Rembihnútur (Liminal re-work by Paul Corley)
- A Winged Victory for the Sullen Beethoven 250
- Laraaji Illusion of Time
- Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith Mt Baker
- Ryuichi Sakamoto Aqua (from Playing Piano for the Isolated)
- James Heather And She Came Home (Strings Version)
- Suzanne Ciani Morning Spring
- Nailah Hunter Sadko
- Helena Hauff Thalassa
- Mira Calix danaïdes
- Daniel Pemberton & FSOL Behind the Eyes
- Skee Mask CG Drip
- Coldcut The Fire Burns Out
- Obay Alsharani Dream Within a Dream
- David Wenngren Pianoise
- Steve Roach The Drift Home