The Celia Mancini Tapes is a compilation album of highlights from Celia's personal cassette collection, recorded between the period 1988-98, sourced from 4-track demos, practice room jams and cassette-dubs from long-lost studio session reels. In early January 2017, I helped Celia to collect the tapes from random storage locations that she had stashed them in decades previously, including dusty closets, car-boots, crumbling boxes etc, and then by mid-2017, around 200 of the cassettes had been digitised.
Celia was a well-known New Zealand underground rock musician, and when she sadly passed away at the age of 50 in September 2017, permission from the family was secured to compile a memorial album, to be pressed in a limited edition of 300 copies, (vinyl-only).
Given the lo-fi nature of the music, the vinyl LP format is the ideal home to commemorate and celebrate her life and creative times, just as she would have wanted, and had often spoken to me about doing herself. - Glen Brewer, Project Coordinator.
- Celia Mancini - TORPEDO WAVE
- The After Dinner Mints - Sunny
- Celia Mancini - Donny
- Celia Mancini - The Yellow and Purple Dress
- The Stepford 5 - Stolen Heart
- King Loser - Hammond Fu
- Celia Mancini - New Spy Theme Outro
- Snapper - Bad Girl (Lock & Load demo)
- Celia Mancini - Celia Goes Into The Void
- Celia Mancini - Wordless Control
- The Axel Grinders - Time To Die
- Mothertrucker - Mistress Christmas