The landmark Audio-Technica AT-LP5 is proof positive that an affordable turntable can deliver the performance, design and reliability expected of high-fidelity models. A perfect balance of technology and design, the sleek contemporary lines of the AT-LP5 turntable grace any room in the home, while delivering performance features born out of Audio-Technica’s rich analog heritage.
The direct-drive turntable with its precision-engineered cast aluminium record platter, fitted with the exclusive high-performance AT95EX Dual Moving Magnet cartridge, itself mounted on an AT-HS10 lightweight headshell, proves the LP5 doesn’t compromise when it comes to materials and components.
The LP5’s J-shaped tonearm, which helps minimise tracking errors, is based on original Audio-Technica designs from the 1960s and 70s. 33 1/3rd & 45 RPM speeds, phono or line stereo outputs with separate grounding, a low-resonance damped & weighted chassis structure, the heavy 5mm thick rubber-composite platter mat and sleek matte black paint finish create a comprehensive package.
The AT-LP5 offers a built-in switchable phono/line pre-amplifier that provides connection to a stereo system equipped with either phono or line-level inputs. The AT-LP5 also includes Audacity recording software for MAC or PC, USB cable and an RCA / RCA stereo adapter cable, allowing direct connection to your computer to transfer your classic LP collection to digital files using its USB output.
With great attention paid to the complete analog signal path, subtle features such as the gold-plated u-shaped connections of the HS10 headshell, the choice of using both the internal or an external phono pre-amplifier, and a stable high-rated internal mains power supply with enhanced grounding, the audio reproduction credentials of the LP5 are clear for all to see.
- Direct drive technology provides stable rotation
- Comes fitted with the new AT95EX high-performance cartridge, exclusively designed for the AT-LP5
- Anti-vibration materials to minimise unwanted resonance
- Adjustable feet for accurate levelling
- Stereo analog input via RCA connectors and grounding connector
- USB output with included Audacity software to transfer your vinyl to MP3
- Switchable phono pre-amp
- Included dust cover and mounting hardware
- Type: 2-Speed, fully manual operation
- Motor: DC Motor
- Drive Method: Direct Drive
- Speeds: 33-1/3 RPM, 45 RPM
- Turntable Platter: Die-cast aluminium
- Starting Torque: >16. kgf.cm
- Braking System: Electronic Brake
- Wow and Flutter: <0.2% WRMS (33 RPM)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 50 dB
- Output Levels: “PHONO” (Pre-amp by-passed) – 4 mV nominal at 1kHz, 5cm/sec, “LINE” (Pre-amp engaged) – 150 mV nominal at 1kHz, 5cm/sec
- Phono Pre-amp Gain: 36 dB nominal, RIAA equalized
- USB Function: A/D , D/A – 16 bit 44.1 kHzor 48 kHz USB selectable
- Computer Interface: USB 1.1 (or higher) compliant WIndows XP, Vista or MAC OS X
- Type: Static balance shaped tonearm
- Effective Length: 247 mm
- Typical Overhang: 17 mm
- Maximum Tracking Error Angle: Less than 2.5° curve
- Stylus Pressure Adjustment Range: 0 to 2.5 g
- Applicable Cartridge Weight Range (Including Headshell): 15 to 20 g
- Power Consumption: 6W
- Dimensions: 450.0 mm (W) x 352.0 mm (D) x 157.0 mm (H)
- Weight: 10.5 kg
- Cartridge Included: AT91RX
- Replacement Stylus (Not Included): ATN91R
- Accessories Included: AT95EX Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge with stylus, exclusive AT-HS10 lightweight headshell, AC line cord, dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable, 45 RPM adapter, USB cable, Audacity recording software, dust cover and mounting hardware.
Cartridge and Headshell Specifications
- Cartridge Model: AT95EX
- Cartridge Type: VM Design Stereo Dual Moving Magnet
- Recommended Load Impedance: 47,000 ohms (when using external PHONO pre-amp)
- Output Voltage: 4 mV (at 1 kHz, 5cm/sec)
- Stylus Elliptical: 0.3 x 0.7 mil
- Tracking Force Range: 1.5 to 2.5 g (standard 2 g)
- Cartridge Weight: (AT95EX) 5.7 g
- Headshell Model: AT-HS10
- Headshell Weight: 10 g
- Headshell Overhang Adjustment: ± 5 mm
- General Specifications: PC or MAC with an available USB Port (USB 1.1 or higher), MAC running OS X 10.4 or later or PC running Windows (Vista and above)
- Installation: CD-R or CD-RW for burning CD’s and software installation. Includes Audacity software for PC and MAC users
If the turntable is not in stock it will be drop shipped from the supplier direct to you within 2-3 days.
*Available for NZ only customers