Talk Memory does not exist in a vacuum. It is the first element in a multi par project, which exist as projects in their own right as well as intersect. The project is deeply cross generational, as BADBADNOTGOOD brought attention to the lineage of artists that came before them and explored the privilege of being able to bring their experience and skill to their music. The album includes contributions from a breadth of multi-instrumentalists including Arthur Verocai, Laraaji, Terrace Martin, Brandee Younger, and Karriem Riggins, with the album mix coming from Russell Elevado.
BADBADNOTGOOD’s latest album emphasizes how music as a conversation is innately collaborative and improvisational. In a way, their album is a giant take on a classic moment from live jazz or soul, where a band’s ‘leader’ would introduce each member of an ensemble and invite applause. In turn BBNG, have created an album that is a heartfelt expression of joy for the music and community they are lucky to inhabit.
- Signal From The Noise
- Unfolding (Momentum 73) feat. Laraajii
- City of Mirrors feat. Arthur Verocai
- Beside April feat. Karriem Riggins, Arthur Verocai
- Love Proceeding feat. Arthur Verocai
- Open Channels [PHYSICAL ONLY]
- Timid, Intimidating
- Beside April Reprise feat. Arthur Verocai
- Talk Meaning feat. Arthur Verocai, Terrace Martin and Brandee Younger